The Treasury in SICOM was constituted in June, 1996 mainly with a view to achieve significant improvement in asset liability management, efficiency in management of funds and for exploitation of opportunities arising out of availability of substantial funds from PSUs in the nature of short term deposits.
The functions covers the following broad areas
1. Resource Mobilisation
- Long Term : by way of LOC from Banks/SIDBI/IDBI Debentures
- Short Term : by way of CDs, ICD and CP
2. Deployment of Surplus
- Sovereign Securities viz Central/State Securities, T Bills and Trading in Dated Securities
- Deployment in Corporate Papers viz CP, Bonds, Debentures
- Inter Corporate Deposit
- Debt schemes of Mutual Funds - Active churning of Mutual Fund Portfolio
3. Derivates Desk
- Treasury makes use of derivatives instruments to hedge and reduce cost of capital. We also actively trade in Derivatives if any arbitrage opportunity is seen.
- Team composing of professionals with wide experience in treasury / fixed income markets with capabilities to adapt to the dynamic financial markets